The board practices it’s duties and specialties through applying the effective legislations that organize privatization and investment activity and to determine how to privities the economic units and reaching the investment project through documents connected to potential and technical capabilities of the investor according to the following laws and regulations.
- The law number (9) of 2010 on Investment Promotion.
- The Executive law number (9) of 2010 on Investment Promotion.
- The regulation for privatizing general companies number (118) at 2007.
- 2006-06-03 GPC decision No.(134) for 2006 regarding to establish financial paper market and its articles of association
2006-02-23 Decision No 89 for the year 2006 regarding permission to foreign companies for opening representation offices
- 2005-01-12 Law No 2 of the year 2005 regarding anti-money laundering
- 2005-01-12 Law No 1 of the year 2005 regarding banks
- 2004-08-01 Law no 5 of the year 1997 regarding the encouragement of the foreign capital investment, amended by the Law No 7 of the year 2003 and its implementation regulations
- 2004-03-06 Law No 11 of the year 2004 regarding income tax
- 2004-03-06 Law No 12 of the year 2004 regarding stamp tax duty
- 1973-08-23 Petroluem regulation no 9 of the year 1973
- 1973-05-01 Petroluem regulation no 8 of the year 1973
- 1970-05-02 Law No. 65 for the year 1970 concerning trades and commercial companies